Dri Wash ‘n Guard Classic Waterless Car Wash Review
The Dri Wash ‘n Guard Classic is a true waterless car wash in a sense that you do not need to use a drop of water to clean your vehicle, all you need is the Dri Wash and quite a few microfiber towels – you may need more depending on the size and how dirty your vehicle is.
While some traditional detailers may frown on this product and the concept of a waterless wash, let’s face it not everyone has a big garage. For most city dwellers parking space is tight and car washes are expensive. But does this mean you can’t wash your car? This is were products like these come in, no it isn’t meant to fully replace a hose and bucket wash but it is meant to give people an option to clean their vehicles even when they don’t have access to a hose and space to rinse.
This product has been on the market for the past decade or so and has helped countless car owners to save water. I’ve seen this product demonstrated in a number of youtube videos on a clean car but how will this work in the real world? Can you use this product without scratching the paint? Lets find out in this review.
Read the rest of the Dri Wash ‘n Guard Classic Waterless Car Wash Review below…
- DRI WASH ‘n GUARD Classic with AIRosol Bottle
- No need to use water to clean your car
- Can be used on non-porous surfaces like plastic, rubber, windows and paint
- Doubles as a wheel and tire cleaner
- Clean and protect in one step
- Guarantee to not scratch your paint (offers a money back guarantee)
You won’t be using any water if you use this. Assuming that you use around 30 liters to wash your vehicle the traditional way and wash your car once a month, that’s a savings of around 360 liters a year! That’s if you use a waterless car wash every time you clean your vehicle.
Here are the steps
- Shake the waterless solution well so the ingredients inside gets mixed well.
- Pour in the Dri Wash Solution into the Airosol bottle.
- Pump the Airosol bottle 15 to 20 times then you’re ready to go to build up the pressure inside the bottle so that you’ll get a fine mist.
- Spray the Dri Wash on the panel (don’t spray too much). We recommend that you work from the top down – least dirty to the dirtiest part.
- Use the microfiber towel to rub and work the product over the surface.
- You’ll notice some hazing on the paint, that’s okay – use a clean microfiber towel to buff to a shiny finish.
After wiping it hazes like this…
After buffing the haze off…
This is how dirty the towel is afterwards…
You can also use this on the wheels but not on the tires…
After cleaning with dri wash, be careful there will be overspray on the brakes if you use this on your wheels
- Very easy to use – instructions are straight forward pour the mixture into the Airosol bottle, shake then pump the bottle 15-20 times, spray, wipe then buff after it hazes.
- You don’t use a single drop of water – perhaps the biggest benefit. Which is great if you live in a city that has strict laws on water usage and disposal. It’s great to have a product that will clean your vehicle effectively without using water.
- Dirt comes off easy – dirt sticks to the microfiber towel when you wipe it off without without leaving any noticeable swirl marks. Don’t apply to much pressure though when you wipe, let the product do the work for you. The key here is using a thick and plush towel – the thicker the more dirt it absorbs and the less chance of it scratching the paint.
- It leaves a nice deep shine – this was a pleasant surprise because you don’t need to use a spray wax to bring back the shine.
- Time saver – since you won’t be using any buckets or hoses, you can clean your vehicle in less time.
- You can use it on any non-porous surface like glass, rubber, and plastic other than paint.
- The cleaners in this product are strong enough to take out mild to moderate water spots.
- It is quite expensive.
- You will need to use a lot of microfiber towels, on a dirty can you can use half of a 12″ x 12″ towel so you’ll need around 8 to 12 microfiber towels per vehicle plus an extra towel for buffing.
- If you’re vehicle is moderately to heavily soiled you’ll be better off washing it traditionally or using an optimum no rinse
- High risk of leaving scratches and swirl marks on your car’s paint
Out of almost 40 reviews in Amazon, there are only one who didn’t like this product, he said it didn’t polish and protect as it was advertised but this product is first and foremost a cleaner and anything that it gives in addition to than that is gravy. It will offer some protection but don’t expect it to last as long as a liquid or paste wax.
The majority, myself included are happy with the results. Take note that you’ll have to use top quality plush towels so that you minimize the chances of scratching the paint and please don’t use it on a car that has caked on dirt and mud.
“It’s not for “washing” since no water is invloved, but the depth of shine and ease of use make this by far my favorite product for cleaning my cars...“
“A local auto parts store owner first took me outside and used this stuff on his brand new (but muddy) pickup truck…“
Overall a versatile product that cleans and protects not only paint but also glass, stainless steel, basically any non-porous surface. With a number of waterless car wash products in the market today this one stands out because it’s effectiveness in taking out dirt without the need for heavy scrubbing thus reducing the risk of getting swirl marks and as an added bonus, it leaves a protective coating that brings back the shine to the paint.
A lot of people are happy with the results after using this product, with most of them saying that it left a deep shine and the easy of removing dirt.
Take note that however that there it will leave some scratches if you use it on even a moderately dirty vehicle. Use this product if there is not too much caked on dirt or you will risk scratching the paint, if you don’t have any other choice use a pump sprayer with this product to saturate the dirt before wiping off.